WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (HIGH VOLUME GOODS)
Due to rapid expansion, Acorn have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to join a specialist manufacturer based in Cwmbran. With business increasing year on year, excellent opportunities for growth and progression for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor will support the effective running of day-to-day sort operations ensuring agreed service levels are maintained whilst being completed in an efficient and safe manner.
Direct Reports - FLT / Operatives / Temporary Staff
Duties & Responsibilities
Day-To-Day People Management
* On-going performance management and undertaking performance appraisals.
* Working with the HR Team to resolve any discipline and grievances issues.
* Responsible for all recruitment, selection and holding probation reviews.
* Ensuring all the team receive coaching and training to keep up to with any business change.
* To communicate and be the focal point for the dissemination of information from management to the team and vice versa.
* Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
* Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
* Monitor KPIs and adherence to SLA's.
* Monitoring and managing all team operational costs.
* Run weekly team meetings to highlight any key issues.
* Maintaining high service levels for customers through thorough quality control checks.
* To troubleshoot areas of poor performance / and offer solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
* To identify and highlight best practices through continuous assessment and feeding process recommendations to the Operations Controller.
* Supervises the effective running of the fulfilment crowd warehouse.
* Ensures that all stock procedures are followed and operational standards are met.
* Works with the Stock Controller towards minimising stock losses and variance in stock levels.
* Support with stocktakes and audits, providing administrative support where necessary.
Health & Safety
* Adhere to Employee Health & Safety Rules.
* Co-operate with the Operations Manager on all aspects of Health & Safety.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse.
* People management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas.
* Planning and organisational skills.
* Enthusiasm and positivity, especially in pressured situations.
You will sometimes be required to make quick decisions relating to management and client requests. You must be assertive in doing this but must also know when to advise that an immediate decision cannot be made - rather than promising something that cannot be delivered.
Attention to detail is essential at all times to ensure the highest standard of delivery. Time management is of the essence and you must be confident that you can deal with a number of things at any one time and constantly re-evaluate priorities.
You must be flexible in terms of working hours. The role is generally office hours however some evening and weekend work may be required to meet business demands.
Salary up to £25k - negotiable depending on experience
* Holidays - 21 days plus bank holidays. 1 additional days' holiday for every year worked up to 25 days.
* Pension - 5% employer and 5% employee
* Private Parking
To apply, please send your CV to Rachel.Sheehy@Acornpeople.com TODAY.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experiencefulfilmentcrowd, warehouse, supervisor, team leader
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.