Our client is a market leading provider of award-winning test and inspection systems for destructive and non-destructive mechanical testing and inspection of electronic components. With their innovative technology they set the standard in industrial testing and inspection equipment for today's electronics manufacturing operations.
Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit a Senior Compliance Engineer to join the team in Buckinghamshire.
As Senior Compliance Engineer, you will identify and implement product compliance for worldwide markets supporting the company's (manual x-ray inspection and bond testers, UK) and (automatic x-ray inspection, Germany).
Your expertise on regulatory and safety requirements, as well as industry standards for our finished products (CE, various harmonised norms like EU machinery directives, OSHA, NFPA, ANSI, SEMI, EMC)
In the second area of activity you will ensure that all raw materials and parts we use to build our systems are also compliant (RoHS, REACH, UL, FCC, CCC, Conflict Minerals).
While you maintain data yourself, you will provide guidance and support to other teams such as Master Data, Purchasing, Engineering, Technical Service and Logistics. You will liaise closely with corporate compliance departments and will be part of corporate compliance councils as a company representative.
This role would be perfect for an experienced Engineer with a background in mechanical/electrical assemblies looking to join a fast-paced, challenging team. As Senior Compliance Engineer you would have the exciting opportunity to be working with international colleagues, which will require some travel to Germany as well as other international travel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Experience within a Product Compliance within an electro-mechanical environment.
- Good understanding of RoHS/REACH legislation.
- Proven experience working directly with engineering/development teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with MRP system and standard Microsoft office programs.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- An adaptable and flexible approach and comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Ability to appreciate technical topics and subject matter.
- Confident, with aptitude to debate.
- Customer focussed (both internal & external).
- Detail-oriented and organised with ability to multitask and manage/prioritise through shifting schedules in work-flow.
- Innovative in thought, able to design & propose alternative solutions when faced with barriers.
- Travel required to Germany up to 2 times per month
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.