Join one of the leading organisation involved in the innovation and advancement of technology in transportation. This firm aspires to be the world's foremost players in the electric/autonomous vehicle arena, as they continue to push the boundaries of development in this space. They are working with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to redefine how our day to day transport landscape
They have recruited some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics and are now looking for a Prototype Vehicle Build Engineer (Electric & Mechanical) to join their exceptional team in Oxford.
The company are in the advanced stages of development and are on the verge of moving into the next stage; with key challenges in the business looking at the design and development of various systems for their Light or Heavyweight vehicles range.
We are seeking passionate and talented individuals with experience in either Electrical and / or Mechanical Prototype Vehicle Build Expertise together with a proactive 'hands on' approach to work on our cutting-edge projects with understanding and experience to carry out the following
Roles and responsibilities:
- Supporting the wiring of prototype vehicles from chassis to the finished product
- Understanding and interpreting wiring drawings
- Extensive development vehicle build experience, from whole-vehicle down to component level.
- Vehicle conversion or OEM experience in mechanical and/or electrical.
- Diagnosing electrical malfunctions within automotive systems
- Installation of electrical systems from main harness to auxiliary
- Assembling of low voltage electrical harnesses to vehicles
- Supporting electrical harness installations, test and validation activities to include installation of instrumentation
- Fault finding servicing and rectification of vehicles
- Commissioning of vehicle electrical systems
- The manufacture of test boxes and break out harnesses to suit project needs
- Experience of building or rebuilding trucks or buses from ground up
- Extensive knowledge of HGV/PSV braking, steering and suspension systems
- LV electrical systems
- Able to conduct Vehicle safety checks
The ideal candidate:
- A hunger to learn
- A huge desire to achieve
- The ability to work in a fast-moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.