Maintenance Engineers Required - (Electrical or Mechanical bias)
Basic Salary circa £38-39k per annum + OTE £45k+
- The role is shift based and is a mix of 3 shift rotating Monday to Friday & Continental shift 12 hour days / 12 hour nights - 7 days a week.
- There are 25 days holiday per year plus any statutory holidays.
Working with the UK's BEST Engineering & Manufacturing Companies; the exciting role & a fantastic opportunity has arisen working as a Maintenance Engineer for a fast growing food manufacturing company. As a maintenance engineer you will have the opportunity to work on state of the art machinery which will help bolster your career and develop technically. The maintenance engineer will be given a tailored training programme to allow them to progress in the best and quickest way.
- Adhere to all company Health & Safety policies and practice
- Perform reactive and proactive maintenance on a variety of packaging and process equipment
- Carry out regular maintenance, PPMs and reactive, where directed
- Troubleshoot breakdowns across a range of equipment to provide minimal downtime
- Support Line Leaders and Production to facilitate production efficiency
- Perform ancillary building maintenance around the site and outlying buildings
- Maintain documentation to provide historical records of breakdowns and PPMs
- Ensure all required paperwork is kept maintained and up to date throughout the department.
- Involvement with a number of projects from machinery upgrades to building work
- Identify spares requirements and maintain stock levels as needed
- Operate in a safe manner, ensuring at all times, any risk to self and others, is kept to a minimum
- Work with production to facilitate optimum running time of lines
- Communicate technical & operational issues, quickly & effectively to relevant departments
- Attend meetings and deputise for the Senior Engineer when needed
- Lead projects and improvements and meet due dates
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Essential Hygiene and Chemical Awareness
- Time Served Apprentice
- Mechanical and electrical skills
- ONC/HNC/NVQ Level 3 Engineering and Maintenance
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene
- Experience of food processing, packaging machines, robotics, chillers & compressors.
Proactive Technical Recruitment:
We are a specialist engineering & technical agency working within the Manufacturing industry. We work alongside national and multinational companies within this industry. We recruit for roles across the board so if you are an Engineer in this industry please get in touch. We recruit for electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, multi-skilled engineers, quality engineers, production engineers & management roles. So if this isn't the role for you, but you would like to hear what we have available or have a chat about your future job, please get in touch at the email below.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please contact Calvyn Desir on 0161 672 6830 or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
I will endeavour to contact all applicants however, if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.