Final Mile Delivery Manager - Avonmouth
The Final Mile Delivery Managers first and foremost support the Field Team and ensure that the Courier Teams deliver our customer's parcels.
About the role:
Final Mile Delivery Managers are the point of contact for the Couriers when they have issues, cannot attend work or need guidance. You will ensure that all work that has been allocated has been picked up and delivered by a Courier. Where this is not the case, you will work on finding solutions to ensure that all customers' deliveries are achieved. You will also review tracking data to ensure that the Couriers are on track and where relevant, step in to check if there are issues and offer appropriate solutions.
As an agile member of the team, you will manage Courier service working out of a number of sub depots within a geographical area. Courier recruitment and "on-boarding" is also a major part of this role. Working alongside Compliance Managers you'll manage / monitor KPI targets and are responsible for cost management / budgeting.
* The ability to deal with people and conflict
* The ability to think on your feet and come up with solutions to problems
* An approachable manner and 'can do attitude'
* Our job is for someone who is able to efficiently prioritise pressing needs where there isn't an obvious solution and provide feedback to the wider business.
* A good geographical knowledge of the local area
* An understanding that a role of this type is not your average 9-5 and will involve working on a weekend on a rotation basis
* Previous experience of managing a team, coaching and interviewing/recruiting people is essential. Please do not apply if you do not have all of this crucial experience
* We would particularly welcome applications from people who are currently either residing in and who are willing to work in either Bristol, Newport, Caldicot, Bath, or Gloucester
* Bonus (up to £6,000)
* 26 days holiday
* Opt in benefits
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceExpress Parcels, Management
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.