Title: Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Heathrow Airport
Salary: circa £25,000 to £30,000 dependent on experience + Overtime + Call Out + shift bonus when required.
Start Date: ASAP
I am looking for an outstanding Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, who lives within 45 minutes of Heathrow Airport, and is able to step into an established global organisation and hit the ground running. This Airport Maintenance Engineer position will be working within the Automation industry carrying out scheduled maintenance, repairs and breakdowns as instructed but also to Install or Commission my clients Airport Automated Cargo and Distribution equipment, working days Monday to Friday plus being part of a call out rota, and the possibility of shift work when required.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity to work within a global leading automated engineering solutions organisation, that design, manufacture, install and maintain lifting and cargo automated equipment all over the world.
Skills and Requirements:
- Be able to read and understand Electrical or Mechanical drawings
- Problem/fault finding capability
- To prioritise and plan work schedule in advance with Service Co-ordinator
- Strong communication verbally and written
- Work from own initiative with minimum supervision
- Work as a team member as required on multi-person activities
- Maintain smart appearance
- Participate in an on-call rota
- Work overtime & travel as and when business requires
- Maintain a full clean driving license
- Operate company Service Management system using smart phone to report attendance; site surveys and equipment information.
- Working within the Aviation industry you will need to pass a full security clearance check which will require the following:
- CRC (Criminal Record Check)
- Disclosure of Scotland (Certification)
- GSAT Cargo Operative Training
- Be able to prove last five years working history
- Time served Engineer with one of the following: -
- City & Guilds
- Relevant Engineering qualifications
If this sounds of interest and you wish to be considered for this position or if you want to find out more details then please contact Martin Brownless and submit your CV to email@example.com
I will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with their details and if they are placed by Proactive you will receive between GBP100-500. *T&Cs apply*
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceMaintenance, electrical, Mechanical, Automation, wharehousing, Cargo,
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.