Our client, a major provider of housing, care and support services on South East London, Hillingdon, is looking to recruit an experienced Domestic Violence Support worker
Our client aims to pioneer, include and deliver specialist services area the county and have build strong links with local professionals, agencies and stakeholders to deliver comprehensive service to victims of abuse.
Synopsis of duties:
- Working closely with victims of domestic and sexual violence in order to provide a high quality of support service *
- Managing a caseload of 30 high risk victims * Supporting client both over the phone and face to face and providing both crisis management and on going support *
- Informing clients on the full range of civil, criminal and practical options that might increase their safety
- Assessments and advising on safety plans and risk minimalisation * Assessing referrals, signposting to additional services and supporting client is finding refuge accommodation
- * Making referrals to and attending MARAC and Child Protection conferences * Carrying out joint working with GPs, Health Visitors, Schools, Solicitors, Counselling Services, Housing, the Police, Probation, Social Services and various Refuge Providers * Attending Court and advocating on clients behalf and advising clients on all aspects of the criminal justice system
- * Assisting clients with witness statements, advising on legal options and signposting to Legal Services
- * Signposting client on to Housing, Benefit, Immigration and Legal services * Accompanying client to Court and supporting them through trial process
- Extensive experience of supporting and advocating on behalf of Domestic Violence victims * Ability to crisis manage and work well under pressure * Strong organisation and diary management skills * Proven success of carrying and managing a high case load.
- Enhanced DBS within the last 12 months
For details on this or any other role please contact Monna Fahmy on 0207 264 0707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
As a market-leading expert across six core sectors, Resourcing Group connects talented professionals with local opportunities. With a national network of offices across the UK, it is our in-depth knowledge and expertise that has been helping candidates achieve their career aspirations for over 15 years.
Resourcing Group was founded in 2000 as a dedicated social housing recruitment agency. Since then we’ve expanded to offer our award winning, specialist approach to other fields, and now work in partnership with some of the best public and private sector organisations. We recruit personnel across the UK at all levels of the social housing, facilities management, construction, surveying and property, engineering, and architecture and design markets.