Our client, the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firm is looking for a Chartered / Almost Chartered Building Surveyor to join their team, based in Central Manchester.
This is a building surveying opportunity for a position at experienced graduate (sitting APC during 2018), Surveyor or Senior Surveyor level; the role would suit a RICS Qualified Surveyor with up to 2-3 years post qualification experience. The position sits within a team of 20 professionals and 2 support staff.
The successful candidate will be undertaking professional and project work for a combination of small private investment companies, institutions and corporate clients.
Practice areas that are expected of the candidate include building surveys for investment and occupation purposes, dilapidations, contract administration, refurbishment works and maintenance advice (PPM), development monitoring on behalf of Funders, and project management work.
- To assist in the successful implementation and delivery of professional and contract building surveying within the North West Building Consultancy team through the completion of a range of typical building surveying instructions.
- Take responsibility for the management of client and project teams to deliver building surveying services profitably and on time.
- Deliver projects from inception to completion with the minimum of supervision to meet the project objectives in accordance with company policies.
- Projects to include but are not restricted to:
- Building surveys for Investment or occupational purposes;
- Contract Administration;
- Preparation of specifications and schedules of work;
- Drafting of Standard Contract forms;
- Collating project documentation;
- Defect analysis;
- Preparation of Schedule of Dilapidations and negotiating on behalf of Landlord & Tenant;
- Works in conjunction with the Party Wall etc Act;
- Development and Project Monitoring role for investors, occupiers and institutions; and
- Project Management of new build and fit out projects.
- Comply with policies and management system.
- Work in compliance with Quality Management Procedures.
- To positively contribute to the department's business plan and to assist in achieving its objectives.
- For applications at Surveyor level - MRICS qualified with commercial surveying experience.
- For applications at Senior Surveyor level - MRICS qualified with a minimum 2 years relevant post qualification commercial surveying experience.
- Good appreciation of professional and project based building surveying matters.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues.
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a project.
- Present a professional knowledgeable persona and possess business acumen.
- Build, develop and maintain existing business and client relationships.
- Organise and prioritise tasks so that they are completed within an agreed time frame.
- Provide concise and clear written communication.
- Understand the basics of the local and wider property market.
- Able to contribute to business development activities.
- Understand and apply all procedures relating to work activities.
- Able to plan and manage own workload.
- Able to delegate whilst maintaining accountability and ensuring delivery.
- Computer literate including Word, Excel and ideally MS Project.
- Clean driving license.
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Accurate and excellent attention to detail.
- Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team.
- Confident and assertive where required.
- Sociable and outgoing.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Good role model for junior members of the team.
- Understands and appreciates the importance of using discretion.
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
As one of the longest established built environment specialist businesses in the UK, Eden Brown’s network and depth of knowledge is unrivalled. Our reputation is built on long term relationships that have been honed and developed over more than a quarter of a century.
Working from a network of seven offices throughout the UK, our consultants are niche sector experts in their respective disciplines covering architecture, construction, building services, facilities management & maintenance, surveying, engineering, interior design, and building maintenance.
Whether you are a candidate contemplating your next career move or a client planning your talent pipeline, we can provide access to the very best talent and the very best career opportunities.