• Directly responsible for managing FIP interfaces with various sub systems & equipment. This includes data access as required by EVR for requisite modelling of CBM modules on sub-system and train level. As such, may involve engineering investigations into the protocol compatibility.
• Conduct health check on FIP wires and connectors which includes signal health and develop requisite engineering, methods & test documents.
• Identify the instrumentation and test equipment required for health checks of FIP system and signals
• Identify, propose and carry out corrective actions against defects found in FIP system and signals.
• Collaborate with CBM vendor to provide interfaces & integration with trains TIMS (FIP based) & EVR.
• Partner with system engineering team to prepare train wiring schemes which includes cable checks, component replacements, testing etc.
• Work to seek design approval with client by understanding client’s requirements and to modify accordingly. This includes resolving any engineering & design issues that arise due to the modifications.
• Work closely with the team working on O & M manuals and close them with client.
• Identify the equipment/system performance and acceptance criteria.
• Ensure up-to-date engineering practices are adopted by each partner and their suppliers during the entire project life (design, procurement, FAT, Installation, Testing and Commissioning etc).
• Ensure correct integration of other interfacing asset and systems, with particular regard to safety and reliability.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience of working as FIP based TIMS engineering which includes testing & commissioning of such networks with a rolling stock manufacturer.
• Have previous working experience and good understanding of condition monitoring models/projects for rolling stock equipment
• Electrical Engineering Degree (Bs/Ms)
• Highly proficient in spoken and written English
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver under tight deadlines without compromising quality of work.
• Possess collaboration skills which enable the engineering team to interface productively with client to achieve required outcome.
• Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned in order to complete urgent project deliverables.
• Possess an analytical mindset with excellent verbal and written communication skills (interfacing with non- specialist technical SRE team members / client members).
• Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships with both team members and clients
• Prior experience in managing project-based Engineering work packages would be advantageous.
• Prior experience in working for a major rolling stock manufacture would be preferable.
• Positive attitude and a self-starter.
• Ability to carry out presentations to senior management.
• Good knowledge & experience with Microsoft office tools
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Rail Personnel is an internationally recognised recruitment specialist with a solid reputation in the rail industry worldwide for finding clients the people they need.
We are able to provide you with staff on contract or to fill a permanent position.
We have been helping people find jobs for over 15 years.
Our website is visited by thousands of rail professionals from around the world and we have offices in Asia, North America, the Middle East and the UK.
Working with us means having access to the best jobs and people in the rail industry.