My client is looking to recruit a Controls Maintenance Engineer to join their busy EC&I team in Sheffield. This role will enhance my clients existing control systems design, build, testing and commissioning activities in order to deliver best in class designs and operational excellence to their customers. My client specialise in overhead cranes and moving materials handling structures with complex control systems, including PLCs, HMIs and VSD equipment - therefore candidates should have experience in these areas.
You will be working as part of the Control System Design Department, provide the EC&I site resource during the installation and commissioning phases of a project plus on-going routine electrical maintenance of associated control systems.
The role will include technical support activities followed by the workshop and site based electrical works required to install, commission and maintain cranes/moving structures etc.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the control system design team in the specification and integration of the electrical field devices into the overall control system
- As part of the design team assist with the generation of EC&I documentation including but not limited to:
- Cable Block Diagrams
- Cable Schedules
- Cable containment information
- EC&I/Mechanical interface information/drawings
- Functional Design Specifications
- Software Design Specifications
- Generate Control System Testing and Commissioning Schedules
- Generate Control System Site Acceptance Test Procedures
- Carry out electrical control system installation and integration works, as required by the contract
- Verify the control system elements of the installation works, have been installed in compliance with the approved design documentation
- Set up/configure any Variable Speed Drives included within the control system
- Carry out any electrical fault-finding activities required during testing and commissioning works.
- Carry out control system electrical testing activities from cable testing in order to provide cable test certifications, initial power up tests through to final testing and commissioning tests, in line with the control system test and commissioning schedules
- Carry out functional testing of the control system and any other Setting to Works activities prior to Factory Acceptance Testing works
- Carry out Factory Acceptance Testing in line with the FAT documentation for the projects
- Carry out Site Acceptance Testing, with the client, in line with the control system SAT procedures
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and identify potential electrical or control system problems
Qualifications and experience required:
- Previous experience in the installation and testing of electrical control systems
- Knowledge of Electrical Wiring Regulations
- Lodge away, as required, dependant on the job and location
- Willingness to undergo security clearance
- Knowledge of Machinery Safety Regulations (BS EN 13849-1)
- Hold current 18th Edition Wiring Regulations certification
- Knowledge of control system instrumentation such as Laser Positioning systems, position and speed encoders, safe access systems
- PLC/HIM literate to enable testing, commissioning and fault-finding using programming laptop
- Knowledge and experience of Overhead Electrical Travelling Cranes (OHETC's)
If you are interested in finding out more about this position then please apply with your most up-to-date CV. Alternatively you can contact Connor Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note you must hold the right to work in the UK to apply for this position.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.