Candidate must have significant experience in Oil and Gas or (petro)chemical industry as a technical buyer or contract manager
Purpose of the Job
Procurement of goods and services on demand of the
project, in particular for local activities and site
Responsible for the total procurement process
(prequalification, RFQ, bid comparison, negotiations,
award, expediting, close-out).
Ensure timely supply of all required materials,
equipment, spare parts, raw materials and services to
operate and maintain the new assets.
Ensure all framework agreements and contracts are in
place for Operations and Maintenance.
Back-office procurement and facilitate the P2P process.
Bring best value in TCO to the assets, drive for
cost reduction, guarantee supply and optimise
* Participate in scope definition for equipment, materials and
* Challenge demand appropriately and critically review
requisitions, specifications and scope.
* Conduct market research and source the market for best
opportunities, partners and alternatives which fit for
purpose. Identify and recommend new suppliers that can
offer commercial and/or technical advantages to mitigate
* Screen and evaluate suppliers based on quality, service,
reliability, safety, energy performance and efficiency,
production and distribution capabilities, availability,
solvency, reputation and history.
* Solicit and follow up bid proposals.
* Analyse quotations, prices and commercial
conditions and set-up a commercial bid comparison.
* Coordinate the evaluation process and interfaces with other
* Lead negotiations to secure best commercial terms in
accordance with the technical specifications and (project)
requirements to ensure best value for the assets.
* Benchmark prices and commercial conditions to determine
competitive price setting.
* Prepare and issue purchase orders.
* Ensure on time deliveries by adequate expediting.
* Develop and execute action plans to optimise stock levels
in coordination with technical departments and supply
* Ensure on time stock replenishment without any shortage
to secure supply and business continuity.
* Evaluate and monitor supplier performance.
* Set-up and maintain the preferred vendor list.
* Develop, implement and execute contract (renewal)
* Lead the contractor qualification process and
coordinate HSSE evaluation.
* Negotiate or renegotiate and administer frame
agreements and contracts.
* Evaluate and monitor contractor performance to
ensure compliance with contractual obligations and
to determine need for changes.
* Resolve complaints and determine corrective
actions in case of defective materials or
* Ensure in-depth knowledge of the global, regional
and local outline agreements which are in place.
For more information about this role please contact our London office
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.