My client is looking for a Fire Alarm Engineer to cover domestic properties within the Berkshire Area. This is a role that will include the maintenance and repair of control systems and facilitating the Health & Safety procedures and requirements within the contract, whilst providing technical advice to both our employees and clients.
Day to Day Duties
● To service, maintain and install fire alarm system (BS5839-1) and emergency lighting system in accordance with the relevant British Standards.
● Correctly complete engineer service reports.
● Report deficiencies or deviations in systems.
● Knowledge of analogue addressable and conventional fire alarm systems.
● To have good communication skills to liaise with the customer, tenants and office team.
● Report on and maintain emergency lighting systems and other associated equipment, such as fire extinguishers, AOV's etc.
● Conduct regular van stock checks and liaise with the Engineering Technical Supervisor and Procurement Department to keep replenished and appropriately stocked.
● Having a Health and Safety mindset, looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
Knowledge and Skills Required
● Extensive knowledge of fire-related services (such as emergency lighting systems, fire extinguishers) and up to date with the relevant legislation linked to these services.
● Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport within a team.
● Resilient to set-backs and able to use a positive approach when considering other avenues to achieve goals if met with challenge.
● Proactive in processes to be a forward-thinker and meet the needs of the customer, taking ownership for own work when issues arise and knowing who is appropriate to involve to resolve.
● Strong organisational skills (ability to manage multiple channels of work, knowing when to escalate to the Supervisor or Contract Manager/Team Leader to resolve issues and a consistent level of quality to the work produced and delivered).
● Creative and innovative towards new ways of working, further improve relationships and drive growth with a continuous improvement mindset, whilst maintaining Company standards and in line with relevant legislation.
Education / Experience
● FIA training (or equivalent required) to BS5839-1 Fundamentals
● Full UK Clean Driving License.
● BS5839 Units 1 to 6
● AOV'S - as above and manufacture training
If also covering fire extinguishers:
● BS5306-3 'Servicing and Maintenance'
● BS5306-8 'selecting and Positioning'
Monday to Friday (40 hous a week)
22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Please apply online or for further information please contact Tarik Bell-Ross on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01184677784
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
As a market-leading expert across six core sectors, Resourcing Group connects talented professionals with local opportunities. With a national network of offices across the UK, it is our in-depth knowledge and expertise that has been helping candidates achieve their career aspirations for over 15 years.
Resourcing Group was founded in 2000 as a dedicated social housing recruitment agency. Since then we’ve expanded to offer our award winning, specialist approach to other fields, and now work in partnership with some of the best public and private sector organisations. We recruit personnel across the UK at all levels of the social housing, facilities management, construction, surveying and property, engineering, and architecture and design markets.