DCS Engineer - CENTUM VP / CS
ewi is seeking a DCS Engineer, will be required to work independently or as part of a team based on customer/contract requirements to deliver service on a variety of products. Technical skills will be considered the foundation of this position to deliver contract and/or on demand services.
Knowledge of both Yokogawa CENTUM and ProSafe-RS control system and competitive offerings is preferred. Will implement system changes as directed by the system owner, monitor/report system status, perform Preventative Maintenance, and support system readiness and additions.
- Experienced with control systems and able to implement/test modifications and enhancements to applications and safety logic as required by system owner / end-user.
- Read and understand control narratives and logic diagrams
- Able to quickly become proficient with hardware and software components of Yokogawa DCS and SIS systems. Able to integrate with a variety of non-Yokogawa systems, such as information management systems, supervisory systems, and standard sub-systems.
- Conversant with large-scale data historian, such as ExaQuantum
- Provides multi-level shutdown and periodic maintenance services on systems and process products.
- Responds to/provides remedial and emergency support to system and process product customers.
- Analyzes customer needs and provides feedback to operations and sales for additional or expanded service opportunities.
- Typically supports multiple customers. Able to work independently.
- Conducts systems operational test. Installs system hardware/software upgrades as required.
- Provides feedback to operations, sales, Technical Support Center and Quality Assurance on system product functionality, service task information necessary to maintain quality and competitive standards.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all assigned test equipment as well as maintenance of any other assigned Yokogawa properties.
- Must be willing to travel for job assignments and work outside the normal eight to five work day/week. May be on 24-hour call.
- Responsible for providing uncompromising quality to all work processes in designated area of responsibility.
- Able to identify areas for improvement and plans for upgrade, migration, and/or replacement of existing control systems.
- Answer technical questions raised by or through the account manager as needed to support sales pursuits. Able to determine appropriate options that can be proposed solutions (e.g. EXA packages).
- Accompany account managers as needed to provide technical support. Responsible for accuracy of proposals regarding estimated hours and scope of work.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction. Promotes customer confidence in Yokogawa's products and capabilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Various locations in Europe at various length of contract.
Hourly rate negotiable depending upon experience
Should you feel this position is of interest, please forward your details to me, email@example.com
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.