Resourcing Group are currently working with a contractor based in Peterborough. They are a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector.
The purpose of the role is to manage and develop the Sales Ledger function of the client. This role plays a pivotal role in ensuring that sales are correctly recorded and reconciled on the accounting system and invoices are paid in line with customer credit terms.
- Prepare and distribute sales invoices and backup paperwork to customers in a timely manner and to deadlines.
- Reconcile remittances to customer invoices to ensure that correct payments have been made and raise queries as they arise.
- Data entry of all sales invoices onto the accounting system in a timely manner and to month end deadlines.
- Resolve invoice queries through communication with internal and external customers when they arise.
- Review of aged debtor report and provide explanation for balances on a weekly basis.
- Follow up on outstanding debts with customers and escalate to Finance Manager if required.
The above outlines the principle functions of the role and is not an exhaustive list. The role holder may be asked to perform other tasks and duties commensurate with their skills and experience.
Education & Qualifications
- AAT Level 4 qualified
- Sage 50 Accounts experience
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience in a similar Sales Ledger role essential
- Clik Job management system experience (advantageous)
This is a permanent role paying in the region of £24,000 per annum with other added benefits.
Working hours are 8:00am - 5:00pm (Monday - Friday)
If you would be interested in the role please apply directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceSocial housing, Council, Housing association, Local authority
As a market-leading expert across six core sectors, Resourcing Group connects talented professionals with local opportunities. With a national network of offices across the UK, it is our in-depth knowledge and expertise that has been helping candidates achieve their career aspirations for over 15 years.
Resourcing Group was founded in 2000 as a dedicated social housing recruitment agency. Since then we’ve expanded to offer our award winning, specialist approach to other fields, and now work in partnership with some of the best public and private sector organisations. We recruit personnel across the UK at all levels of the social housing, facilities management, construction, surveying and property, engineering, and architecture and design markets.