Resourcing Group are currently working with a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. The Company employs over 200 people and has an ambitious growth plan to double its size over the next few years.
The purpose of the role is to manage and develop the Purchase Ledger function of the client. This role plays a pivotal role in ensuring that purchases are correctly recorded and reconciled on the accounting system and suppliers are paid in a timely manner.
- Data entry of all supplier invoices on to the accounting system in a timely manner.
- Check supplier invoices against the in-house purchase order system and raise any queries to ensure that invoices are correct.
- Reconcile supplier statements to the accounting system and obtain any missing invoices from suppliers if required.
- Review aged creditors and report on any issues relating to balances owed.
- Prepare supplier payment file showing payments to be made to suppliers on the weekly payment run.
- Deal with internal and external queries.
The above outlines the principle functions of the role and is not an exhaustive list. The role holder may be asked to perform other tasks and duties commensurate with their skills and experience.
Education & Qualifications
- AAT Studies, or equivalent (preferred)
- Sage 50 Accounts experience
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience in a similar Purchase Ledger role
This is a permanent position paying around £22,000 per annum plus other added benefits.
Working hours are 8:00am - 5:00pm (Monday - Friday)
If you would be interested in this role please apply directly or email email@example.com
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceSocial Housing, Council, Housing Association, Local authority
As a market-leading expert across six core sectors, Resourcing Group connects talented professionals with local opportunities. With a national network of offices across the UK, it is our in-depth knowledge and expertise that has been helping candidates achieve their career aspirations for over 15 years.
Resourcing Group was founded in 2000 as a dedicated social housing recruitment agency. Since then we’ve expanded to offer our award winning, specialist approach to other fields, and now work in partnership with some of the best public and private sector organisations. We recruit personnel across the UK at all levels of the social housing, facilities management, construction, surveying and property, engineering, and architecture and design markets.