My client is a leading supplier and systems integrator of highly dynamic, automated logistics solutions for warehousing, production, picking and distribution operations. The company designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of solutions, from small conveyor applications to complex, fully automated storage and retrieval systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our fast growing and highly successful team and make his own stamp as this will be a brand new facility that will caterer for a large on line retailer, you will be responsible of managing the recruitment of the engineering team from the ground up. This will include 2 x team leaders, 7 x multi skilled engineers and 2 x apprentices.
Once the site is built, commissioned and gone "live" the site engineering manager will provide the overall management for the Resident client site. They will be responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day running of the site and manage and support the resident engineering team, acting as a key escalation point when required.
You will drive the team forward with a right first time mind-set, using lean techniques as well as traditional maintenance techniques and ensure that a professional relationship with the client is developed and maintained at all times.
- Accountability and ownership to deliver the contracted KPI's
- Contract management of customers facilities
- Actively work with the site team to optimise the automation performance
- Be operationally minded with all decisions
- Manage customer expectations
- Ensuring teams are trained and kept up to date on Health & Safety Legislation and safe working procedures
- Build strong and long term relationships with the customer site teams
- Identify potential cost saving opportunities within the existing customer sites though using lean techniques
- Stay up to date with the technical aspects of the products
- Support future LTS projects as and when required
- Attend site meetings with the customer as and when required
- Comply with current QA procedures and documentation
- To provide effective feedback to my client and the Customer
- Achieve standards of performance relating to customer satisfaction, technical efficiency and company image
- Undertaking audits, reviews and corrective action, as required
- Manage holidays, absence and overtime to meet the contract requirements but not exceed budgetary constraints
- Responsible for teams appraisals, individual rewards/ acknowledgement, performance management and discipline
- To be punctual and keep commitments made by the organisation to our customer
- Form part of the LTS escalation strategy
- Minimum ONC/HNC or Full B-Tech in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience in an automated warehouse environment
- Experience of managing a large team within a multi-site environment
- Proven experience of working with and to quality and health & safety standards
- Understanding of lean techniques and the ability to implement these techniques.
- Experience of transferring and knowledge sharing
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Operationally focused with the ability to work in a time critical environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office package
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please contact Matthew Crate-Fox on 01784 434 319 or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with their details and if they are placed by Proactive you will receive between £100-500. *T&Cs apply
I will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.