Substation Engineer / Team Leader- Myanmar
My client is seeking for a Substation Engineer / Team Leader for ongoing project in Myanmar
Project Background: The Project consists of design, supply, installation and commissioning of the 230 kV transmission lines and substations in Yangon area.
Duties as Team Leader
You will be in charge of overall Consulting services under this project. You will be the contact point of Client for all of the Services. You shall be fluent in English language for day to day communication.
The expert shall have experience in design, specification, bid preparation, evaluation, construction, testing and commissioning of 230 kV or higher HV transmission line on both overhead lines and underground cables and AIS/GIS Substations projects.
- The team leader should have a university degree in related fields, preferably a post-graduate degree and with at least seven (7) years of relevant professional experience in the power sector including transmission and substation system to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above
- The team leader should have demonstrated working experience in design and/or construction of medium/high voltage transmission lines and substation;
- The team leader should have working experience at least as a team member of Project Implementation Consultant in at least one (1) ADB-financed project, evidenced by the past records;
- The team leader should be versed with the monitoring and reporting requirements in ADB-financed projects, demonstrated by past records; and
- The team leader should have demonstrated leadership ability in working in the less developing countries in Southeast Asia and able to adapt to working environment. Working experience in Myanmar will be an advantage.
Minimum requirements (stringent client approval process)
- Graduate in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in substation and transmission line : 3 years or more
- Project related experience : 3 years or more
- Project related experience in ASEAN, preferably ADB funded projects.
- Oversea experience except ASEAN countries: 3 years or more.
The team leader will conduct the tasks including but not limited to:
As team leader, coordinate with other team members to develop a detailed work plan and implementation schedule, work with the executing agency to oversee the consulting team, and compile, edit, and ensure the design & quality of technical assignment & reports to be prepared under the assignment;
- Team mobilization and work organization including the local subcontractors
- Project Budget review and cost reporting
- Prepare the regular reports and final project report consisting of information needed for ADB
- Contacts with the Client
- Change management and variation orders
- Document Management
The substation engineer /team leader will work closely with Client and will assist Client in the following:
- Assist Client with comprehensive review and approval of the contractors detailed field designs;
- Review and approve the equipment drawing, calculations, delivery program, and documents submitted by contractors; oversee the Clearance to Proceed notices issued be client following compensation of affected households/entities along the transmission line route and substation arears.
- Witness and participate (if necessary) factory inspections and performance tests within the framework of the contracts.
- Identify any problem areas during project implementation, propose remedial actions and promptly report any outstanding issues to client.
- Conduct regular field visits and whenever necessary during construction, installation, testing, and commissioning works.
- In line with the work programs of the contractors. Prepare and advise client on the outage planning of existing facilities during implementation. The outage planning will be modified/ updated regularly and will have to take into account any unplanned outages resulting from any faults arising in the network. Special attention will be given to minimize as much as possible the impact of the outages in the supply of power.
- Coordinate safety measures between live components in operation and components under rehabilitation, give advice and when required, conduct training to Client on safety planning and safety measures.
- Review and approve the commissioning test reports submitted by the contractors, attend the commissioning, establish the list of deficiencies after commissioning and prepare a timeframe for the contractors to remedy the deficiencies and establish a monitoring program for this purpose
- Review and approve the as-built drawings and operations and maintenance manuals.
- Advise Client on any contractual or technical disputes that may arise between contractors and DPTSC during the implementation phase
- Provide advice and support to Client for the settlement of contractor claims
- Advice Client and seek approval from ADB for any proposed contract amendments for variation orders to be issued to the contractors
- Review and approve the contractors invoices and assist Client in preparation of the withdrawal applications and Prepare and issue the provisional acceptance certificate for the works as well as for spare parts, prepare the final taking over certificate along with the final payments to contractors to be issued by Client after the end of the warranty period and the completion of remedies for all deficiencies.
Mobilisation Date: June 2020
Salary Package: 12000 USD Per Month (Accommodation and Travel provided)
If you would like to be considered for this project, please contact me directly with CV and contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe. For more information on any international assignments please contact Deji Ogunsola
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.