Hull (Regular site visits across the UK)
Up to £50,000 plus car allowance and package.
We are curently recruiting for one of the UK's fastest growing modular manufacturers who have experienced significant growth over the last few years. As a consequence they are now recruiting for a SHEQ Manager to support them in their continued growth plans over the coming years.
As the SHEQ Manager you will report to the Construction Director, and will managed, lead and mentor the business in all aspects of Safety, Health, Enivornmental and Quality Assurance functions. As the business utilises modern methods of construction you will be responsible for the manufacturing function, as well as on sites across the UK.
* Implement and maintain the aims and objectives of the Company Health & Safety policy including reviewing and updating on any legislation revisions or updates
* Ensure Health & Safety standards are implemented across all sites and manufacturing facility by providing support and advice to company employees on all aspects relating to health, safety, environmental and quality matters
* Provide timely and appropriate recommendations to the Board
* Develop and promote a positive H&S culture
* Chair monthly Health & Safety meetings
* Prepare and produce regular metrics and reports on the performance of the H&S, environmental and quality management systems
* Provide guidance and assistance to the operational management team in relation to the development of RAMS and the management of CDM obligations on sites
* Produce RAMS as necessary for directly employed site or factory operatives
* Deliver health & safety workshops to employees
* Provide technical support and knowledge to tenders
* Ensure the drug and alcohol policy is adhered to
* Ensure that all works undertaken comply with the requirements of relevant legislation and internal H&S, quality and environmental procedures and standards
* Carry out a programme of site and manufacturing audits and safety inspections
* Maintain records of audits and inspections, ensuring necessary corrective actions are agreed and implemented
* Develop and update processes and policies relating to H&S, Environmental and Quality
* Provide clear objectives for employees in terms of daily activity, weekly, monthly and annual SHEQ goals
* Ensure registrations (ISO, Constructionline, CHAS etc.) are up to date, including working with auditors as necessary to maintain accreditations
* Assist site operations with registration of projects with the Considerate Constructors Scheme and work to achieve consistent scores of 35 or above
* Investigate all accidents and near misses in line with agreed timescales and the incident reporting procedure, including liaising with clients and/or enforcement authorities as necessary
The ideal candidate will have proven track record of working within a SHEQ Manager role within the construction industry. You will be NEBOSH qualified and hold a relevant CSCS Card. You will have a full undertanding of current UK health and safety legislation (ISO9001, ISO14001 etc). Additionally due to the nature of the role you will need a full UK driving license, as regular site visits across the UK will be required.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Established in 1984, Anderselite are leading technical recruitment experts to the built environment.
With seven regional offices across the UK our dedicated teams are perfectly positioned to provide permanent, temporary and contract blue and white collar recruitment services to a multitude of companies, large and small, within the Construction and Rail sectors.
Our team of recruitment consultants have a wealth of specialist industry experience and are experts in their field, each possessing high-levels of market insight in their niche sectors. They work in close partnership with our clients to provide strategic support in seeking the right people for their business. Furthermore, we are committed to ensuring our jobseekers receive guidance, support and expertise to help them find the next step in their career.
We are specialists who can help make employment decisions based on job history, current situation and what role is most suitable in the future enabling our candidates to reach their potential and chosen career path.