Our client is a specialist in the design and manufacture of the next-generation thermally managed lithium-ion battery systems for automotive, industrial, marine, aerospace and defence applications. This is an exciting time to be joining a growing company at the forefront of electrification.
We are looking for a Lead Design Engineer to help design and build their next generation of thermal control systems for high power electronics and battery systems. You will oversee the design and development of advanced heat-pump and fluid control systems.
- Mechanical design and packaging of HVAC components to meet system requirements while optimizing for efficiency, cost, weight, manufacturability, and serviceability.
- Heat transfer hand calculations, including transient conduction and natural convection.
- Support for prototyping activities, including the design of test rigs.
- Mass and energy balances of process systems.
- Hydraulic analyses of piping systems and pump sizing.
- Manage suppliers and projects to ensure timely program deliverables within budget.
- Develop component and system-level requirements based on system-level requirements and customer experience.
- Lead creation of component specifications, component DFMEA, and other technical design documents.
- Develop and execute component and subsystem design verification plans and test methods to validate produce adherence to requirements.
- Ensure systems conform to all motor vehicle safety standards governing HVAC operation.
- Support battery programs through the entire life cycle including spec development, prototype builds, vehicle test, and production.
- Mechanical engineering experience as well as Solidworks Design experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with thermal systems in an automotive (or equivalent) environment.
- Willingness to be involved in the design and implementation of a wide variety of systems.
- Experience in performing calculations.
- Knowledge of equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, valves and control equipment are highly desired.
- Working knowledge of automotive HVAC systems, including compressors, HVAC units, fluid transfer components, and vehicle performance testing.
- Working knowledge of psychometrics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics and thermal management.
If you enjoy a blisteringly fast-paced work environment with a flat leadership structure, then please get in touch for an informal discussion.
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Casual dress
- Wellness programmes
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Work from home opportunities
- Life insurance
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.