My client has an exciting opportunity for a Estates & Facilities Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis. The site consists of a portfolio of buildings and this position will assist in driving operational excellence across the engineering team and portfolio.
The day to day duties:
- The effective and efficient deployment of resources to meet the operational needs. Monitor, review and analyse performance through the use of the department's CAFM system and with other related tools to manage productivity and performance of the team.
- Mange and support operational staff, contractors and colleagues to provide an effective and value for money service. Ensure maintenance services are implemented in line with departmental/statutory policies' maintaining a keen focus on stakeholder satisfaction from an internal and external perspective.
- Manage day to day priorities to ensure the maintenance service team remain focused on business critical and operational urgent activities, including all statutory responsibilities.
- The role will include the provision of management, supervision, advice and guidance for a range of permit to work activities that fall within the practical skill set and experience, ensuring key principles are in place to protect staff, visitors and contractors from risks arising during work activities.
- Regular liaison with department managers to ensure they are fully up to date on matters concerning their buildings and that all aspects of the maintenance activities planned in their areas.
- Regular and frequent liaison with the helpdesk to ensure backlogs are kept to a minimum and issues arising are escalated to the Operations Maintenance Manager.
- Ownership of performance and dashboard data (KPI/SLA's) for their specific areas, providing accurate and detailed reports on issues or emergency problems that effect team performance.
- Manage staff sickness/absence/capabilities appropriately using the data and systems available.
- Working with the engineering team support the preparation of contract/specification documentation and when required the tender process. Manage/monitor contractor's performance reporting to the engineering team as required on H&S, value for money and effectiveness.
Good understanding of modern PPM processes and management techniques
Good understanding of other engineering services and building design not covered in their primary discipline
Experience of budget management and meeting financial objectives across a range of demanding priorities
Support of an out of hour's rota.
Must be able to drive and hold a current full EU license or equivalent permanent licence.
Willingness to undertake training in other trade disciplines (where appropriate/required)
Starting Salary upto £39k
Monday to Friday 36 Hour Week
18% Employer Contribution to Pension Scheme
40 Days annual leave entitlement
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Requirement to be on an out of hours callout rota
Thank-you for your interest, please apply online. For further information please contact email@example.com
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceelectrical, mechanical, technical operations manager, hard services manager, hard services supervisor, technical manager, M&E service manager
As a market-leading expert across six core sectors, Resourcing Group connects talented professionals with local opportunities. With a national network of offices across the UK, it is our in-depth knowledge and expertise that has been helping candidates achieve their career aspirations for over 15 years.
Resourcing Group was founded in 2000 as a dedicated social housing recruitment agency. Since then we’ve expanded to offer our award winning, specialist approach to other fields, and now work in partnership with some of the best public and private sector organisations. We recruit personnel across the UK at all levels of the social housing, facilities management, construction, surveying and property, engineering, and architecture and design markets.