EWI is currently looking for an experienced ST Mechanical TFA to join a world leading OEM on a permanent basis. Working closely with the Field Service Steam Turbine team, this person will be responsible for outage planning and execution in throughout Europe. This position will be home based in the UK or Spain with frequent site travel.
- Work on the field as Supervisor for Steam Turbine and Valves outages.
- Work within the Field Service Support team providing outage planning and support, leading quality and continues improvement processes.
- Support GT team on outages as required.
- Supervise maintenance works according with the company procedures and standards.
- Organise the manpower during outages, identifying the critical path of the outage and ensuring the work is completed within the time and quality expectations.
- Interpret and apply drawings, field procedures and technical documents to open/close activities.
- Implement quality control procedures during disassembly, inspection, and assembly of turbines and related equipment.
- To work actively on outage planning, execution and improvement within Field Service.
- To review and ensure that documentation packages issued from Field Service Department meets company standards.
- Review disassembly data and provide recommendations.
- Develop, review, and revise field procedures and related technical information.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to build a positive team spirit.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
- Education: Graduate in Engineering discipline or Certificate of Higher Education.
- Proven related experience and/or training in steam turbine maintenance activities is preferable but not required.
- Computer knowledge and mastery of common software packages for office work.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.