Our client is preparing their tender for the Feasibility Study of the construction of a new 190km broad gauge railway (sleepers on ballast) between Bhanga to Payra Port (via Barisal) in Bangladesh and is required to nominate a suitable Team Leader for the project which is to run for 19 months from 1st July 2018.
Duties of the Team Leader include:
(i) Over-all supervision of feasibility study, detail design and tender document preparation for the project.
(ii) Coordination among various disciplined consultants, with Institute of Water Modelling (IWM) and with executing agency and act as problem shooter.
(iii) Meeting with Ministry of Shipping, Payra Port Authority and other relevant government and non-government organizations.
(iv) Recommend suitable alignment for railway track considering technical, economical, financial, environmental and socio-economic points of view.
(v) Cross check the findings of feasibility study and verify the design.
(vi) Design of Railway Track and planning layout plan of stations including that of facilities for rolling stock.
(vii) Help quantity Surveyor in cost estimate and contract specialist in tender document preparation.
(viii) Prepare manpower requirement for operation and maintenance for all the
departments of railway (e.g. Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal & Telecom, Transport & Commercial, Estate etc.)
(ix) Review of previous relevant study reports such as Padma rail link project, Payra Port etc. and other relevant documents.
(x) Other tasks assigned by Project Director to finish the project successfully
The Team Leader will be supported by an International Team including : Transport Economist, Geotechnical Engineer, Bridge Engineer, Environment Specialist, Hydrologist, Signaling and Communications Engineer, Contract Specialist & a River Training Expert. Plus a local engineering team of 23 experts.
Applications close mid January 2018
The outcomes of the Project are:
(A) Detail Feasibility Study
· Identify possible alternative alignments for the project.
· Recommendation for best suitable alignment duly considering the topography,
land formation, commercial aspects, economical and safeguard considerations,
existing infrastructures of the area, ongoing and future development plan and
schemes of both the Government of Bangladesh and Private sectors in the area.
· Prepare specification of Materials to be used for construction of railway track &
bridges, station buildings, office and residential buildings, Signaling &
Telecommunication System etc.
· Conduct detail traffic survey and collect both primary and secondary data to find
out actual demand of transportation facilities and forecast future traffic (Both
Passenger & Goods) duly considering the impact of Payara Port and other
development activities of the government and private entities.
· Prepare Economic and Financial analysis and Assess the economic and
financial viability of the project
· Assess the need and justifications of the proposed project.
· Prepare Initial Environment Examination report, Environmental Impact
Assessment, Environmental Management Plan & Environmental Monitoring Plan
· Prepare Social Impact Assessment, Land Acquisition Plan and Resettlement
(B) Detail Engineering Design
· Conduct detail soil investigation along the alignment.
· Prepare Detail Design of all the structures including embankment, railway track,
bridge, viaduct, stations and yards, water supply system, signaling and telecom,
facilities for rolling stocks, residential & functional buildings, other facilities andRFP_bhanga-barisal-payra port project 34
electrical design of station building and other infrastructures.
· Prepare detail cost estimates for the proposed project.
· Preparation of construction work plan in detailed.
· Incorporate comments from client and finalize report
· Economic and Financial Analysis of the project based on the cost of detail
· Prepare bills of quantities (BOQ) of all designed components based on detailed
cost estimate. Bill of quantities and tender base prices would be fixed
· Preparation of FIDIC based bid documents following international competitive
bid (ICB) procedure incorporating the recommendation of Environmental
Mitigation Plan (EMP) and Social Impact Assessment (SIA).
More details will be provided to qualified applicants only.
Graduate in Civil Engineering
(Copy of graduate certificate will need to be provided)
at least 20yrs Railway Experience
at least 8yrs in a feasibility / design role
at least 5 yrs as a project manager / team leader
at least 10yrs of experience outside their home country (preferably in Asia)
(Documentation to support experience may be requested)
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Rail Personnel is an internationally recognised recruitment specialist with a solid reputation in the rail industry worldwide for finding clients the people they need.
We are able to provide you with staff on contract or to fill a permanent position.
We have been helping people find jobs for over 15 years.
Our website is visited by thousands of rail professionals from around the world and we have offices in Asia, North America, the Middle East and the UK.
Working with us means having access to the best jobs and people in the rail industry.