Manufacturing - Military Assets
Based in Wales
Excellent Day Rate on 3-6 month contract
Our client a global Aerospace and Defence business has an opportunity for an Operations Director on a contract basis located at their Welsh Manufacturing site. You will provide tactical and strategic direction to lead the Production site and drive further growth with overall responsibility for business efficiencies and deliveries to our customer.
* Day to day leadership across Production, Supply Chain and Support functions
* Overall responsibility for performance across on-time delivery, planning, scheduling and materials management
* Improve factory performance through lean manufacturing techniques such as Kanban, 5S and Kaizen models
* Improve quality across the production process
* Responsible for P&L and all financial commitments
* Lead, coach and develop talent across the site
* Senior Management experience with track record of success in a manufacturing environment
* Experience in Military Assets
* Ideally worked in a £250m+ revenue business or other relatively large environment
* Analytical Problem solver with excellent attention to detail and communication skills
* Worked in a low volume, high mix engineering environment
* Track record in strategic planning and thinking
* Firm understanding and experience in lean manufacturing processes and best practices and their implementation
* Strong customer relations and commercial negotiation skillsAcorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceOperations, Director, manufacturing, military, production
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.