Our client is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
They have an exciting position for a driven Quantity Surveyor to join their growing team based in Cambridge. You will be supported in your personal development and will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution to the success of the business.
Core tasks and Duties:
- Ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork and proactive cost control
- Preparation of financial reports
- Monitor the communication of a project status
- Provide cost on design solutions
- Preparation of full tender documentation
- Administer cost/variation procedures
- Carry out full contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes.
Desired skills and requirements:
- Hold a construction related Degree
- Experience in either Residential or Education Sectors
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
Training and Benefits
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
As one of the longest established built environment specialist businesses in the UK, Eden Brown’s network and depth of knowledge is unrivalled. Our reputation is built on long term relationships that have been honed and developed over more than a quarter of a century.
Working from a network of seven offices throughout the UK, our consultants are niche sector experts in their respective disciplines covering architecture, construction, building services, facilities management & maintenance, surveying, engineering, interior design, and building maintenance.
Whether you are a candidate contemplating your next career move or a client planning your talent pipeline, we can provide access to the very best talent and the very best career opportunities.