Anderselite have pleasure in supporting an established Masterplanning team who have an exciting opportunity for a talented, creative and passionate Urban Designer to join their Bristol studio team.
The Bristol office is made up of approximately 50 people spanning Architecture, Urban Design/Masterplanning, Landscape, Town planning, Graphic Design and Secretarial support. The office is open plan and benefits from a friendly and sociable atmosphere and require an individual to join them to work on medium and large scale residential and mixed use development masterplans and layouts for UK projects. The team provides invaluable assistance to their clients, and in return enjoy outstanding professional development and career opportunities.
The successful candidate will be design orientated and will have excellent technical skills and a strong team capability. Key responsibilities of the role include:
* Working on UK projects (predominantly for national housebuilders) supporting with planning applications for new communities formed through housing-led developments of between 200 and 8,000 dwellings
* Conducting site, context and character appraisals to inform the design for new developments
* Working up masterplan drawings, design strategies and detailed illustrations to support design principles
* Producing indicative layouts for either parts of or whole developments
* Colouring drawings by hand or using design software
* Supporting with the production/testing of concepts for the arrangement of landuses on site
* Supporting with the production of comprehensive design and access statements comprising written and graphic outputs
* Assisting the team to produce comprehensive Design Codes
* Working alongside local communities and other stakeholders through collaborative design workshops and public exhibitions
* Liaising with other technical professionals to ensure technical deliverability of projects
The ideal candidate will ideally have;
* Have either an MA or Postgraduate Diploma in Urban Design
* Be fluent in AutoCad, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup, Illustrator and Microsoft Packages
* Be able to produce detailed work to a specific brief within tight deadlines
* Have a strong eye for detail
* Have an awareness and interest in developing sustainable communities
* Have excellent team working skills
* Be a good communicator
* Be willing to learn new skills and techniques
* Be organised and have good time management skills
* Be willing to travel to the Midlands regularly
Excellent salary and rewards package available and tailored for the right person. Ongoing training and development provided.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Established in 1984, Anderselite are leading technical recruitment experts to the built environment.
With seven regional offices across the UK our dedicated teams are perfectly positioned to provide permanent, temporary and contract blue and white collar recruitment services to a multitude of companies, large and small, within the Construction and Rail sectors.
Our team of recruitment consultants have a wealth of specialist industry experience and are experts in their field, each possessing high-levels of market insight in their niche sectors. They work in close partnership with our clients to provide strategic support in seeking the right people for their business. Furthermore, we are committed to ensuring our jobseekers receive guidance, support and expertise to help them find the next step in their career.
We are specialists who can help make employment decisions based on job history, current situation and what role is most suitable in the future enabling our candidates to reach their potential and chosen career path.